About Me

My photo
Wife to Andy and mother of 3 beautiful girls. Jenna(15), Zoie(10) and Baylee(10). Working hard to raise Awareness of Angelman Syndrome, and helping raise money for a cure.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Tasty Snack


A few weeks ago on Facebook, I posted that I would like some of my friends healthy recipes. WELL, this is one that I received. HUMMUS! I made it yesterday, and it turned out delicious!

Hummus

2 cans Garbanzo beans (aka chickpeas) rinsed and drained
1/2 c. freshly squeezed lemon (I just used a little, not a HUGE lemon fan)
1/4 c. tahini paste
1-3 cloves of garlic (I used 3, cuz I LOVE garlic)
3T. olive oil
3/4 tsp. cumin
3/4 tsp. cayenne
1-2 pinches of black pepper
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. water

1/2 of lemon juice and all ingredients into blender. Blend to consistency of sour cream. Blend in the rest of lemon juice, to taste. If too thick, but don't want more lemon, use water to desired thickness. Transfer to a serving bowl, cover and refrigerate a few hours before serving. Drizzle of olive oil, garnish with parsley or black olives.

This can also be used as a sandwich spread. Especially good in a pita sandwich.

The hummus has 435 calories per 1 cup. ( I only ate 1/4 cup, with about 17 pretzels, the little ones) So my total snack was around 200 calories. It was also very filling!! Give it a try and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment