What do we do? SLEEP!! Baylee always sleeps well, but Zoie usually doesn't. I was so suprised when my husband's phone went off at 6:30am this morning and that was the first I had been awakened! Zoie slept all night!!!! Jenna, on the other hand, would sleep FOREVER! (normal teenager!) I had to wake her up to help out today! Since the girls have had so many snow days, I have had a very difficult time sticking with my routine. I. HAVE. GOT. TO. CATCH. UP!! One day, it will happen.
I made homemade laundry soap the other day. It was very easy. I have been pleasantly suprised at how well it cleans the clothes. AND, without adding the *optional* essential oils, I like the fragrance. The recipe is below:
2/3 bar Fels Naptha
1/2 c. Arm and Hammer Washing Soda
1/2 c. borax powder
2 gallon bucket
1. Grate soap finely and place in sauce pan
2. Add 6 cups of water and heat until soap is melted.
3. Add washing soda and borax and stir until it's dissolved. Remove from heat.
4. Pour 4 cups of hot water into bucket.
5. Now add soap mixture to bucket and stir.
6. Add 1 gallon plus 6 cups of water to the bucket and stir.
7. Let the soap sit for about 24 hours and it will gel. Use 1/2 cup per load.
8. You can add 1 oz of your favorite essential oil to the mixture as well. But the fragrance is very fresh, clean smelling.
I was told this costs about 1 to 2 cents per load. When buying the ingredients, it was about $9 or less for everything. The only thing I will have to buy the next time I make it is the Fels Naptha, and it was only $1.79.
I was told for whites, just add a teaspoon of baking soda to the wash cycle. I haven't done my whites yet, so I haven't tried it, but Zoie and Baylee's coats have white on them, that had gotten quite dingey and the white turned out very bright after washing with the homemade laundry soap. I am SOLD!!!
My husband thinks I am crazy when I begin trying "new" things....but, he humors me! So thankful for that!
Happy Snow day to you all! (well, for us anyway....I hear 8.5 inches is what we got....UNHEARD of!) I will be watching a TON of movies and cleaning all day....what will you do with your snow day?