About Me

My photo
Wife to Andy and mother of 3 beautiful girls. Jenna(15), Zoie(10) and Baylee(10). Working hard to raise Awareness of Angelman Syndrome, and helping raise money for a cure.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Race for the Cure

Today was my first day in training for the 5k Race for the Cure. It is really kicking my behind! I'm hoping I can be ready. The Race for the Cure is on September 26th. So the gals I workout with at church and I have a calendar set for the next several weeks of what we are going to do to prepare. I don't know that I'll be ready to run the entire 3.1 miles by then, but I will be super excited if I can jog/walk for the entire thing. I'm hoping I will be able to jog at least 2 miles of the race.

Most importantly, however, is the cause that we're racing for. It's for the Susan G. Komen Foundation, for breast cancer awareness. I have two aunts that died from Breast cancer. I have an aunt that has had a masectemy and is a survivor of breast cancer. So, I have reason enough to be there, besides my own health. Keep your thoughts with me as I go through this journey. Being overweight and trying to do this is challenge enough. But, I am determined that I will succeed and that I will overcome my weight challenges! Thanks to great motivating friends!

Keeping my fingers crossed for success for the Race for the Cure!

No comments:

Post a Comment