About Me

My photo
Wife to Andy and mother of 3 beautiful girls. Jenna(15), Zoie(10) and Baylee(10). Working hard to raise Awareness of Angelman Syndrome, and helping raise money for a cure.

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Race Update

Sorry there haven't been any fun posts in awhile. We had a lightening storm that took out my computer. I'm using Andy's work laptop to write this blog post. I am so sad, my computer is gone to computer heaven. Luckily, they were able to put pictures on a disc for me. Thank goodness!

I thought I would take this opportunity to let you know of my progress with my 5k race training. I have done much better than I expected of myself. Each weekend there was a continuous running goal, and I always tried to do at least 1/2 mile more than the goal. I have a treadmill, so I have been able to do a lot of the training on it. However, I am finding it to be MUCH easier to run on the treadmill, indoors. I was so excited yesterday, though, I ran 5 miles on the treadmill! It was raining outdoors, so I was forced to be inside. Because of this, I decided I needed to push to the 5 mile mark so that I was challenging myself in some way. When I'm outdoors I'm challenging myself with the hills in my neighborhood. Boy, do they kick my butt!!!

The Race for the Cure is on Saturday, and I believe I will be able to run the entire thing. I do not run fast, mind you, but I will run the whole thing! I am SO excited! I never thought in my whole life that I would consider myself a runner, but now I do! And, to make things all that much sweeter, I have lost about 18 pounds total! It is exhilarating!

Hopefully I will have pictures for you soon! We took the kids to the park last weekend, and I got some great pictures.....Will try to do them sometime this weekend! God bless you all!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! Good luck on Sat, I know you will be able to do it, have fun!

    ReplyDelete