About Me

My photo
Wife to Andy and mother of 3 beautiful girls. Jenna(15), Zoie(10) and Baylee(10). Working hard to raise Awareness of Angelman Syndrome, and helping raise money for a cure.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!!!

Well, Friday last week was my birthday! However, I got to celebrate all weekend long! Andy was gone out of town on a Scout Campout. (crazy to be planned on MY birthday---right?) Just kidding...I support him in this activity. Besides, when he's gone, I get to eat spaghetti ( a meal that is never fixed while he is in town!) and watch chick flicks. The chick flick of my choosing this time was Gone With the Wind! Classic! Old films are so funny....but you gotta love them!

Since Andy was gone, we didn't celebrate my birthday until Saturday. We went to my parents' house to have dinner. It was great! My mom fixed fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and corn. And, of course, they made my favorite Strawberry Cake. I got these beautiful flowers to put in my flower beds!

You can't really tell by the pictures, but I got daffodils and tulips. Now, I just have to figure out where to put them, that will be the perfect place!

But, my birthday was not over at that! Sunday, we went to church, then came home and had a birthday dinner with my in-laws! It was great! The weather was perfect. So, we grilled burgers and hot dogs. Had potato salad and baked beans (store bought). We went the easy way! And, we made a chocolate cake with cream cheese icing. And my in-laws brought homemade ice cream! There is just nothing like getting your birthday for a whole weekend!! I was spoiled this year. Serves Andy right for being gone on my actual birthday, right?! HA!!

It was a lovely birthday, and I got many birthday wishes on Facebook! It's so nice to share your birthday with so many great friends! Thanks everyone! Love and miss you all!

1 comment:

  1. Fun! That is the perfect way to celebrate! Over and over and over.....
    Gorgeous flowers. What a nice gift.

    ReplyDelete