About Me

My photo
Wife to Andy and mother of 3 beautiful girls. Jenna(15), Zoie(10) and Baylee(10). Working hard to raise Awareness of Angelman Syndrome, and helping raise money for a cure.

Monday, June 15, 2009

Weekend Barbecue

We had a barbecue with a bunch of friends on Saturday. Lots of kids running around our back yard. I think when I added them all up, there was a total of 29, plus my three. The kids brought swim suits. They played in our little blow up pool, and in the sprinklers. A couple of water guns were brought along for the occasion.

There was a TON of good food. We provided the meat, and everyone brought a side dish or dessert. Among the goodies, we had greek pasta salad (yummy!), Missouri Caviar (delicious, yet nutritious), key lime pie, and bon bons (heavenly...both desserts), there was also a crushed up cookie, almost pudding like dessert. All very good!! (not so good on my diet! but I managed!)

**Recipe for Missouri Caviar**
3 (15 oz) cans of black-eyed peas (rinsed and drained)
1 red or green pepper
1/4 to 1/2 c of green onion
jalapenos to taste
1 tsp. garlic
1 bottle of Zesty Italian Salad dressing

Mix everything together and use enough dressing to coat the mixture. Serve with tortilla chips.


This recipe was so good, I had to get it from the person who brought it. I will probably be making it this week to take to something else.

Unfortunately I did not have my camera out for this wonderful day! We were blessed to have the perfect weather for a barbecue. We had a very enjoyable time, and the kids had a GREAT time! My kids especially, as you all know, Zoie and Baylee are water lovers! So, this was up there in the list of highlights in their lives, I'm sure!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that sounds SO SO Good! It sounds a little bit like pasta salad, only with beans instead. I'll try it! Glad you had a fun weekend! Sometimes it's nice to just relax and not worry about taking pictures. I'll imagine it in my mind--Ahh, look at that sweet Headley clan having a blast with their friends ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone did post some pictures of your exciting event and it looks like you all had a great time!!! What fun!

    ReplyDelete